This is by far the most scenic and interesting route. It takes in both tropical forests and moor land.
- Transfer from Nairobi to Chogoria to our base hotel. Rest and acclimatise for the remainder of the day.
- Transfer to park gate dinner and overnight at the gate.
- We ascend to minto’s hut at 4300m that is situated on a plateau overlooking Lake Michaelson 300m below. There are spectacular views of the summits from here
- The trail continues to Austrian hut via tooth col which is situated between several rock towers. Overnight at Austrian hut.
- An early morning start to attempt the summit of point Lenana, which is only about one hour from Austrian hut. We will descend to Chogoria park gate for the night.
- An early morning (after breakfast) 15km walk through the rain forests and bamboo zones to our vehicle to transfer to Nairobi
Return transfer Nairobi -Nanyuki/Chogoria-Nairobi
3 meals per day while trekking
4 days Mt. Kenya trek
5 nights accommodation while trekking
2 transfer from Nanyuki/Chogoria- park gate- return
All government park fees
4×4 trasnport on chogoria route
English Speaking Mountain Guides and Porters
Accomodation at Nanyuki Simbas lodge D/B/B
Mt Kenya T-shirt and Certificate
Two Man tent.
Gloves, Sun glasses, Sleeping bag, Hats , Rain suits, Warm Jacket, Heavy boots, Scarf’s, Rain TrousersPrice is exclusive of first and last Night accomodation in Nairobi.
You can hire some of the equipments available at a reasonable cost
NB: We ensure clients get enough and plenty of well cooked food.
Typical menus include:
Breakfast – fruit, fruit juice, hot chocolate, coffee, tea, oats or muesli, egg, sausage, toast, margarine, honey and jam.
Lunch – soup, chips, sandwiches, hot tea, coffee and chocolate, biscuits, pancakes with honey or jam, fruit.
A picnic lunch would have a salad, sandwiches with meat, jam or peanut butter, juice, fruit and biscuits and/or chocolate.
Supper – soup, cooked meat or vegetarian meal, fruit, variety of hot drinks.