Mt Kenya Rock Climbing with a experienced Technical rock climb guide on Mt Kenya Climbing through the North Face best dates are 15th July to the end of September.Mount Kenya Technical Rock Climb experience a Challenge to Do
Rock Technical climbers on Mt Kenya Climbing Sirimon out Sirimon through the North Face’Standard Route’
A trip can be arranged within these two periods when the weather is most favourable on the mountain ie 15th July to the end of September and 15th December to mid March.
Transfer from Nairobi is at 09:00 hrs to Nanyuki .A COMPLIMENTARY walking tour to the EQUATOR. dinner and overnight at Simbas lodge.
- Sirimon gate to Judmaier camp
After Breakfast drive to Sirimon Park gate and trek for 3 – 4 hours to Old Moses Camp (Judmeier) through a beautiful forest with East African Pencil Cedar trees, Poducarpus trees and the giant Hygenia trees. From Judmeier camp you can see the summits of Batian andNelion peaks: 9kms
- Old Moses (Judmeier) camp to Shiptons camp
This is about a 6 – 8 hour hike crossing Liki and Mackinders valleys, there is a great view of Tereri and Sendeo peaks. And also a great view of Nanyuki town and beautiful terrain. Shipton’s camp has also an excellent setting with the north faces of Nelion peak and Batian peak. 13kms
- Shipton’s Camp to the Base of North Face(Standard Route)
Depart Shipton’s Camp to the base of North Face (Standard Route) to start your technical climb that takes you to the top of Batian Peak. This takes approximately 6 -8 hours to Batian Peak and descend to Shipton’s Camp through the South East Ridge.
- Shipton’s Camp to Old Moses Camp (Judmeier)
After breakfast leave Shipton’s Camp and descend to Old Moses(Judmeier) Camp with lunch enroute. Dinner and overnight at the camp.
- Old Moses Camp (Judmeier) to Park Gate
After breakfast leave the camp and descend to Sirimon Park Gate to catch your transport to the next destination.
The details shown below are those included currently for a three person ( 2 clients & 1 guide) trip to Mt Kenya to climb a technical route on the mountain, on the Diamond Couloir (Ice Grade V)
- Hotel accommodation in Nairobi (B&B)
- Transport from Nairobi to the road-head on Mt Kenya
- Park fees forclients and the porters
- All food on the mountain
- Porters to help carry equipment (2 each minimum)
- Local guide/cook to stay with climbers all of the time and guard camp whilst you are away climbing
- Hotel accommodation (half board) at Sportman arms hotel Nanyuki (one night)
- Transport in descent and back to Nairobi
- Transfers from/to airport in Kenya
Our local guide has the knowledge and experience of the climbing routes on Nelion & Balian peaks also with verbal information and local knowledge.Your Techinical Guide
1.Undergone Through ( NOLS) Famous American Outdoor School
2.Diploma in Outdoor Activities Leadership ,Map Leading & Navigation
3.Working With Mt Kenya rescue Team (Can lead cliff Rescue)
4.Have Been satisfied by OSLO ,RED CROSS in First Aid & CPR
5.Have climbed the Summit of Mt Kenya more than 30 times(5199 pt lenana)
6.Experince in 12 years